ABOUT GAIL HILL
Since 1985, Gail Hill has been professionally producing art incorporating the mediums of oil painting and photography. She has rendered commissions for extensive private clients as well as public officials in The Supreme Court of Canada and The Federal Government of Canada. She has won several awards for her work and the art is represented in prominent public exhibitions and many private collections internationally.
Ms. Hill has also created commissioned art for national television productions, restaurants, sports and arts celebrities, international magazines and private clubs. She has donated art extensively for charitable auction to Habitat for Humanity, Mount Sinai Hospital, The Textile Museum of Canada, CanStage Productions, Letters for Literacy and Second Harvest. (See testimonials and selected client list)
Gail Hill has been dedicated to the integrity of a long creative career which has included visual arts, curating, mentoring and creative writing. She has been continuously inspired by the essential nature of pure communication through images, language and creative community. Ms. Hill has lived and worked as an artist for more than three decades in England, France, the United States and Canada. She presently lives in Toronto with her husband and has five daughters.
For portfolios of fine art please see www.gailhill.ca.
For more extensive professional profile please see LinkedIn.
For mentoring and creative direction please see www.creativeselfworkshop.com.
- 1986-87 The University of Westminster, Photography, London, England
- 1984-86 The Ontario College of Art, Painting, Toronto
- 1981-83 Ryerson University, B.A. Media Arts, Photography, Toronto
- 1980-81 The Ontario College of Art, Painting, Toronto
- 2012 The IDS, Emily Quinn, "About Face6", Toronto
- 2008 Red Thread Studio, "About Face5", Toronto
- 2006 Red Thread Studio, "Portraits", Toronto
- 2004 Contact Festival, "Lie to Me", Toronto
- 2001 Ciparis Lennox Gallery, "Food for Thought", Toronto
- 2000 Contact Festival, "About Face4", Toronto
- 2000 The IDS, "About Face3", Toronto
- 1999 Brentwood Art, "About Face2", Los Angeles
- 1997 The IDS, "Oil and Photography", Toronto
- 1993 Toronto Imageworks Gallery, "Les Fruit du mon Paradis", Toronto
- 1993 Harbourfront Gallery, "Les Fruits du mon Paradis, Toronto
- 1993 Scaramouche, "Painted Portraits", Toronto
- 1992 Exposition Centre D'Animation, "Painted Portraits", France
- 1991 Scaramouche, "Oil and Photography", Toronto
- 1990 The New Gallery, "Experience", Calgary, Alberta
- 1989 The Centre Eye Gallery, "Oil and Photography", Calgary, Alberta
- 1989 The White Water Gallery, "Experience", North Bay, Canada
- 1988 Barnes Gallery, "About Face", London, England
- 1983 The Ryerson Gallery, "Seeing the Dark", Toronto
- 2013 Chloe Magazine, "Nature Inspired", Spring issue
- 2012 Canadian House and Home, "Second Nature", May issue
- 2010 Canadian Architecture & Design, "The White House", Luxury issue
- 1998 Canadian House and Home, "Nautical Wiles", April issue
- 1997 The Globe and Mail, Arts Section, "New Face of Portraiture"
- 1996 Toronto Life, "Goddess", Menu Guide Cover
- 1993 enRoute Magazine, December 1993, "Les Fruit du mon Paradis"
- 1991 Canadian Women Photographers, Second Story Press, "Mommy"
- 1990 VOX Magazine, The New Gallery exhibition review, "Experience"
- 2016 Artist, Painter, Photographer, in Canada, USA, France, England
- 2015 Curator, Verity Art3, Toronto
- 2014 Founder, Verity Gallery, Toronto
- 2013 Curator, Verity Art2, Toronto
- 2013 Founder, The Artist Collective, Toronto
- 2012 Facilitator, Creative Mastermind, Verity, Toronto
- 2011 Curator, Verity Art1, Toronto
- 2010 Founder + Creative Director, CreativeSelf, Toronto
- 2009 Lecturer, Women in Conversation Series, Verity, Toronto
- 1999 Curator, "Robert Gooblar", Alliance Francaise Gallery, Toronto
- 1994 Mentor, Red Thread Studio, Toronto
- 1988 Instructor, Gallery 44, Painting/Photography, Toronto
- 1987 Instructor, Toronto Board of Education, Photography, Toronto
- 1983 Curator, The Dawson City Museum, Yukon, Canada
- 2016 Verity Gallery, Toronto
- 2015 Verity Gallery, Toronto
- 2014 Verity Art, Toronto
- 2013 Verity Art, Toronto
- 2011 Verity Art, Toronto
- 2008 The Distillery Art Exhibition, Toronto
- 2006 McLean House, Toronto
- 1998 The Textile Museum of Canada, Toronto
- 1996 Cabbagetown Arts, Toronto
- 1994 Toronto City Hall, Art Exhibition, Toronto
- 1990 Toronto City Hall, Art Exhibition, Toronto
- 1988 Gallery 44, "Latent Images", Toronto
- 1987 Gallery TPW, Toronto
- 1982 The Ryerson Gallery, "Put on Your Red Shoes", Toronto
- 1990 Toronto City Hall, Arts Festival, 1st Place
- 1988 The Ontario Arts Council Award
- 1983 Ryerson University, J.L. Beaton Academic Award
- 1982 Ryerson University, Honours Award
- 1981 The Ontario College of Art, Honours Painting Award